Pages

I love it all: embroidery, canvaswork, quilting, crochet. So much to do, so little time.





Saturday, January 3, 2015

Last Finish, First Start: More Birds

Hey Blog Buddies,
Happy 2015!  Hope everyone had a fun and safe New Year's celebration.  It wasn't too zany around here:  a Trivial Pursuit game and asleep well before midnight.

I do have a couple of stitchy things to show you.  Here is my last finish of 2014:

This is Happy Chirp, Chirp Day by The Trilogy
I hope to have this made into a pincushion
some time this weekend.

And for my New Year's Day start,
I picked...

Dawn Chorus by Long Dog Samplers.
There are 20 birds in this sampler
(hence the name of the piece).
You'll have to wait to see them, though,
because they're up at the top
and I've started at the lower left.
And, of course, this piece
is only one-tenth of my regular rotation,
so we'll see how that works this year!

Have a great weekend,
and thanks so much for visiting!

15 comments:

Linda said...

I love your little finish. The bird is adorable. Great new start.

Linda

Shebafudge said...

I love your finish...really cute!

Great start on your new one, I will look forward to seeing more of it. x

Mouse said...

oooooo I have the wee bird to do too ... looks gorgeous well done :) and I like the sound of your new start :)
wishing you a wonderful stitchy new year :) love mouse xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Birds are probably my favorite subject in cross stitch designs - great choices!

Von said...

Cute little finish and a nice start to the year. :)

Katie said...

Great stitching. Congrats on the finish.

Carol said...

How cute that little bird finish is!! Looking forward to watching your new WIP grow in 2015... Happy New Year to you and your family :)

Julie said...

Cute little bird.
The new start looks interesting.

Chris said...

Happy New Year!
Lovely finish and great new start! I am looking forward to seeing your progress on this piece.

Wendy said...

sweet little finish. I love the font of the alphabet on your sampler. So you have 10 pieces in your rotation, do you rotate them each week?

Anne said...

Love your "birdie!" I know your first start for 2015 is going to be gorgeous . . . as is all your needlework! Enjoy!!!

Melody said...

I love your little red bird finish! So cute!!

Loretta said...

Love your finish. It is adorable!!!!!

Unknown said...

I have an eye on dawn chorus too, so will enjoy watching how that progresses to see if I take the plunge!

Sally said...

Lovely little finish and I'm looking forward to watching your new start grow :)