Pages

I love it all: embroidery, canvaswork, quilting, crochet. So much to do, so little time.





Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Leap Year List - July Report

Hey Blog Buddies,

How's your July going?  We finally got some much-needed rain here overnight, and now it's really hot and steamy. Good weather to stay inside and stitch!

We've reached the halfway point of the year, and of the eleven pieces that I wanted to make progress on back in January, six are finished and two are active WIPs.  Here are the three that have been sadly neglected...




From the top:
Kindred Spirits by With My Needle;
Save the Stitches by Blackwork Journey;
Chicago Collage by Lynn Deininger.
Of these three, the top one, Kindred Spirits,
has been calling to me very softly.
I have five sides of the pin cube stitched,
so if I can finish that, maybe I can get going
 on the other small pieces in that group.
Notice I'm not saying anything about
the other two WIPs UFOs.



But, anyway, here's what's been going on since last month...


Tanya Berlin's Blackwork Horse looked like this last month.
I was hoping to finish it...


...and I did.  He's one of the 12 pieces I'll be taking
to the Lake County (IN) Fair this year.
Wish me luck.

I wanted to start (and finish) the "A"
in Prairie Schooler's Alphabet this month, too.

I didn't quite make it.
This block is about 40% finished.
Maybe next month.

I was working on another PS project,
so I can blame that for
my lack of progress on A is for Anchor.

This is where I was on A Farmer's Almanac
back in May.

Now, the barnyard has animals!
I'm doing this on 25-ct lugana over one,
and all that green just about did me in!
And yes, there is even more green to the left of the path.
The linen color is blue, similar to the first photo.

And I started and finished this, too:

La-D-Da's Summertime Roll-Up.
It will get finish-finished into a cute needleroll.

Last month I sketched out the pattern for 
The Missing Piece by Jennifer Riefenberg...

This month I got some outlining done...


And we have two additions(!) to the rotation...

This is another one by Needle Delights Originals.

This is my start.
I think I've done the only easy part.

And finally, last year I took a workshop
taught by Kay Stanis, Copper Illumination.


I haven't worked on this in over a year,
but the good ladies of my ANG chapter
chose this piece as my "challenge" for next year.
The vote was between
The Missing Piece (the smallest one),
Ripple Rotation 2 (probably too "easy"),
and Copper Illumination (the winner!).

This is where I'm at.
I have until the end of next June to finish it.
I forgot there were so many beads (all the flowers).
All I could think about was the blank piece of
copper that needs to be sculpted into a tulip.
If I don't finish in time, I'll owe the treasury $10.
I'd better start saving my pennies.

That's it for now.
Thanks for dropping by.

8 comments:

Brigitte said...

Wow, such a lot of lovely pieces. And congratulations on finishing that Blackwork Horse. It looks gorgeous.

Robin in Virginia said...

Super update on your projects! Your horse looks fabulous. Best of luck to you as it enters your fair.

Linda said...

Congrats on all of the awesome stitching. I love all of the pieces that your working on.

Linda

Carol said...

Oh, I just know you'll have wonderful luck at the fair, Pat! Your horse finish is stunning! And I love the Summertime Roll-Up, too--such a cute design. All that green over one would have gotten to me, too--Prairie Schooler pieces always shock me at how stitch dense they actually are. Really love seeing your alphabet come to life.

Hope July is just as good a month for stitching for you :)

Tiffstitch said...

Fantastic finish on the horse and good luck at the fair! Your other projects also look lovely as always, and good for you giving Copper Illumination a go.. wow!

Julie said...

Good luck at the fair, wishing you a first place ribbon for that beauty.
There is always something lovely to see when I visit here, I do love to watch your canvaswork grow

Beth in IL said...

Love the Kay Stanis piece. Hope you get it done.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You have been busy! The horse looks great, I am sure he will catch the judge's eye.
Your needlepoint is lovely too, I do enjoy seeing other people stitch this style.