Pages

I love it all: embroidery, canvaswork, quilting, crochet. So much to do, so little time.





Monday, May 22, 2017

Nine Down, Eighteen to Go

Good Monday morning to you!  It's a beautiful, sunny day here (so far), so I took the opportunity to take a few photos outside, so that I can show you my latest stuff.  I'm not a "fancy" photographer--I just plop the items down on my front stoop and snap away.  My neighbors probably wonder about all my stoop shots, among other things (hehe).

So anyway, some of you may have guessed what I'm about to show you from the title of this post.  Yes, it's the Prairie Schooler alphabet.

The "I" was finally finished
at 6:40 this morning.
But it's not only a letter finish;
it's also a row finish 
and I'm done with the GHI leaflet, too!
Kowabunga!

Here's what it looks like so far.

And here's another smaller finish
that happened last night...

This is Little House Needleworks' Old Glory.
I did rip out those flower stems on the bottom
and use a darker shade.

Over the weekend, I took a workshop
with Tony Minieri that was hosted by
my ANG chapter.

Here is the model he brought to class.
It's called Austin Patch.

And here's my start.
The black canvas was slowing me down.
But.. a decent amount of stitching
for a 1.5 day workshop,
if I do say so myself.
On Day 2 I forgot my magnifier
and thought I'd really be in the soup.
But the two gals sitting at my end of the table
(neither of whom I knew, BTW)
each stepped up.
One offered an extra pair of reading glasses
and the other had an extra clip-on 
magnifier, which I wound up using.
Stitchers are the nicest people!

That's it for now.
Hope your day is going swimmingly.
Thanks for visiting!

13 comments:

Linda said...

Congrats on the great finishes. Your new project looks great.

Linda

Robin in Virginia said...

Congratulations on your PS finish! Woohoo! It is looking good. Way to go on finishing Old Glory! Your class project looks good. Stitchers are the best.

Tiffstitch said...

Wow!! The alphabet looks amazing! And nice start on the new canvas piece and finish.

sheryl said...

All you stitching is beautiful. I like the way you are stitching the PS Alphabet 3 across and 9 down. I am currently working on the letter I as well. I switch on and off with all the other wips - but I hope to have it done by next year. Stitched with love and dog hair (lol) I have 2 bassets Beatrix and Hazel. I agree that stitches are the nicest people.

cucki said...

Wow the alphabets are looking so pretty ..amazing work
Happy stitching all the way
Love and smiles x

Anonymous said...

Love the PS stitching...it's really coming along nicely! That one is a LOT of work and a long term project for sure! And your ANG project is lovely! I do love patriotic smalls and this one and the one you are working on are super! Nice work!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on the Happy Dance for that part of the alphabet! It looks great.
The canvaswork is gorgeous too, so bright and colourful. I am glad that your fellow stitchers could help you out.

Faith... said...

Your finishes look great and I love Old Glory. Austin Patch is going to be gorgeous!!

Julie said...

The PS alphabet is looking gorgeous.
Great progress on the canvaswork, stitchers are so helpful to others.

Carol said...

Love your "I" finish, Pat! Although PS pieces are fairly straightforward, they are also very stitch-dense so I know how long each of these blocks takes to finish! Congratulations on finishing nine so far!

Your Old Glory finish is so cute--I did that in 2015 and it is one of my favorites. I need to get busy and start a patriotic piece!

How nice that you were able to attend the workshop for that colorful, unique design--I'm sure you'll enjoy every stitch :)

Hope you have a relaxing Memorial Day weekend!

Mary said...

Love the PS alphabet, you are making great progress!!! I recently stitched my first PS and I didn't realize how time consuming they are.

Love your Old Glory, just in time for Memorial Day.

My friend RJ and I just recently started blogging and we are enjoying it so much, meeting so many kind and helpful stitchers. We would love for you to visit us at stitchingfriendsforever2, Mary

RJ said...

Hi Pat! I just read your interview at Jo's and enjoyed it very much. Your stitching is beautiful and I look forward to going through your whole blog. I love patriotic stitches so definitely love Old Glory. I've stitched that one but have yet to finish it. The PS alphabet is going to be wonderful. Have a wonderful weekend. RJ @ stitching friends forever

Brigitte said...

Your Prairie Schooler alphabet looks soooooo gorgeous, I'm totally impressed. I have always wanted to stitch it as well but there were always so many other things, sigh. I think I should just start on it ...