Pages

I love it all: embroidery, canvaswork, quilting, crochet. So much to do, so little time.





Monday, July 3, 2017

A Plethora of Patriotic Pieces

How's your July been going so far?  A little while ago I started thinking about some of the patriotic charts that I've had in my stash for quite some time, and decided it was time that they were stitched.  So here are my Four for the Fourth.

Little House Needleworks' Old Glory.
You've seen this here recently; now it's totally finished.

Blackbird Designs' In Full Glory.

Prairie Schooler's Double Eagle Sampler
from Booklet No. 8, American Primitive.
You would never guess this design is from the 80's,
would you?
Their stuff is timeless.

And here's my little display.
The Liberty Bell is also from Prairie Schooler.
They fill up my rustic box nicely.
I won't need to do any more patriotic ones.
Well, maybe I could squeeze more in next year.

My fourth piece is canvaswork...

Independence Day
from (can you guess?)
Needle Delights Originals.
This will probably be put into a box top.

Along with all these,
I've been busy filling out my
Entry Form for the Lake County Fair.
I'm entering 13 pieces this year,
but might only have 11 or 12,
because one needs tweaking
and another one isn't finished yet.
But I've got a few weeks...
famous last words.
So that's what I'll be doing this month
(along with J).

For my US friends, have a happy and safe Fourth.
Have a groovy July, everyone.

Thanks, as always, for visiting.

11 comments:

Justine said...

Beautiful patriotic finishes, I love how you've displayed them. Good luck in the fair. Happy 4th July!

Carol said...

Love each and every one of your patriotic smalls, Pat! So beautifully stitched and finished :) I have never seen that PS design before--definitely a classic!

Hope you have a great 4th!

Sally said...

Fantastic patriotic pieces. Have a great 4th July!

Robin in Virginia said...

Your patriotic pieces are beautiful (I LOVE the Prairie Schooler piece and need to dig it out to stitch for next year) and I love the little box they are displayed in. May I ask where you found the box? Happy Independence Day!

deb said...

Your patriotic smalls look so nice grouped together! Good luck on the fair entries.

Linda said...

Congrats on all of the adorable finishes. Good luck at the fair.

Linda

Beth said...

A splendid display. I do like PS designs, as you said they are timeless.

Brigitte said...

These pieces are all so lovely. And you are right about PS designs - you can always stitch them as they are never old-fashioned.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely work on your smalls and the perfect box to display them too.

Jackie's Stitches said...

Old Glory and In Full Glory are two of my favorite patriotic pieces. I have them in my stash along with the Needle Delights kit too. I need to get busy! Thank you for the inspiration!

Julie said...

Lovely box of patriotic smalls.
Nice canvaswork project.
Good luck in the show with your entries.