Pages

I love it all: embroidery, canvaswork, quilting, crochet. So much to do, so little time.





Wednesday, January 10, 2018

This Year's Goals

Hey stitching peeps. How's 2018 been treating you so far?

I've put some effort into planning my stitching line-up for this year, and the list is surprisingly modest...so far.  Let's start with my current WIPs:

This is Winter Wind by Prairie Schooler.
This photo shows only the top third of the design,
but I'm quite a bit farther than that.
I generally don't like to predict,
but this will likely be my first finish this year,
perhaps some time this week.

I've got a bit done on Blue Ribbon Designs'
Blue Jeans and Daisies.
This is a fairly good-sized piece, and
I'm hoping for a mid-year finish. (hehe)
If I don't finish it this year,
I'll have to pick out the date!


Here is Ho Ho Ho by Debbie Forney.
At a minimum, I need to do Santa's beard,
to convince myself that I still remember
how to do the bullion knots that make it up.
If I get the beard and mustache done,
it will all be downhill from there.
Maybe.

And my last current WIP is
our old friend the Prairie Schooler Alphabet.
Poor headless owl.
A little more done in the past couple weeks, no?
My fervent desire is to finish O through X this year.
(hahhahahahahaha)

A piece that I need to get started on
is Plum Street Sampler's Merry Friends.
This needs to be finished by the vernal equinox,
because I will be taking a tart finishing class 
from Vonna (the Twisted Stitcher) at
the Fancy Works retreat in March,
and this will be the tart!
No, I have not started this one yet.

There will be a patriotic pincushion exchange
at the retreat, and if the tart stitching goes well,
here is something that I had planned
to make for the exchange:
Liberty Starburst by
Summer House Stitche Workes.
This one is a definite maybe.

And I simply must do a blackwork piece, right?
I have this cute bird from Tanja Berlin, all ready to go.
I must admit that it looks a little intense.

In March I have two workshops to attend:
Kathy Rees (Needle Delights Originals)
is teaching one of her pieces at my ANG guild!
I'm really excited about this one.
I've done so many of her pieces,
but I've never had the opportunity to take one of her classes.
The name of the piece is Highland Circle.

Then my quilt guild snagged Bonnie Hunter (Quiltville)
and she will be teaching her Pineapple Blossom quilt.
I'm a little nervous about tackling this,
but the only way to improve a skill is with practice, right?

And that's it, so far.
As I said before, a modest line-up for me.
We'll see what the rest of the year brings.

Hope you're having fun with your stitching
because that's what it's all about.
Thanks for visiting!


13 comments:

MartinaM said...

So many nice projects, i will follow them.
Greetings, Martina

Rita said...

Great plans! Good luck.

Marilyn said...

You have some great projects in the works.
Sounds like you will have a fun year with classes and retreats.
The quilt is beautiful.
Marilyn

Donna G. said...

You're gonna be busy! I need to do a blog post similar to yours so I can get a handle on what my stitching plans are for this year. Great way to stay organized......and motivated! You have some very pretty projects lined up.

Robin in Virginia said...

What a super variety of projects you have lined up for 2018 plus some neat sounding classes/retreats! I look forward to seeing your updates.

mdgtjulie said...

A part of me wishes my 2018 lineup was that modest, but I usually end up beating it into submission, lol. I have 21 new starts lined up for Maynia, and will have way too many projects on the go after that. (52 to be exact, one for each week.) I'm glad you shared your goals with us, and I can't wait to see more progress. Yes, poor headless owl...

Anonymous said...

Oh wow....I love all the projects you have in mind for this year. I think my favorite is the first Winter one! That ground hog is adorable! Of course I truly admire your ABC PS project as well. You are a prolific stitcher and everything you do is beautiful!

Justine said...

Modest but manageable! Those classes sound like fun.

Linda said...

Love all of your projects and goals. Looking forward to seeing your progress on them. I need to dig out Winter Wind and start it.

Linda

Beth said...

Goodness but you have so many great things going on - poor headless owl thought - maybe that should be your next project! The chickadee looks very interesting too.

Anne said...

Your retreat with Vonna sounds great! I watch her on Flosstube, and her finishing is lovely!

Carol said...

You always have such a wonderful variety of projects in the works, Pat!! Love the PS, of course, but that little blackwork chickadee is adorable, too. I know you'll have an amazing class with Vonna and that little tart will stitch up quickly, I'm sure!

Hope this last bit of January passes quickly for you--I sure am ready for short February to make an appearance!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That's a nice list, plenty of variety to keep you interested.

And meeting up with Vonna too, that will be excting!