Pages

I love it all: embroidery, canvaswork, quilting, crochet. So much to do, so little time.





Thursday, June 23, 2011

Another Ornie

The great thing about ornaments is they only take about a week (if you're me--I'm not the fastest stitcher) and then they're done!

Here is LHN's Cardinal Winter.


Still a little wavy, but finishing will fix that.


I used a 32-count ecru evenweave
instead of the recommended cocoa-colored 30-count linen.
And it's really a solid color,
despite how it looks in the photo.


As a result of my fabric choice, the  DMC 712 recommended for the snow and the "Tweet" was too tone-on-tone, so I changed the snow to CC Bamboo and the lettering to DMC 436.

I'm hoping to get one more ornie finished before my next Guild meeting in July, so that I can give all three to one of our finishing wizards.  When I get them back from her, they will definitely be making a second appearance on this blog, because they will be fabulous.

Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

Lelia said...

Charming ornament. Beautiful stitching Pat ; )

Patty C. said...

Lovely Ornie

Dani - tkdchick said...

Lovely ornament!

Sally said...

A gorgeous ornament!