Pages

I love it all: embroidery, canvaswork, quilting, crochet. So much to do, so little time.





Saturday, June 28, 2014

June Stitch from Stash Report

Hey Blog Buddies,

Mel from Epic Stitching is hosting a SAL this year where the participants try to keep spending on new stash to $25 or less per month.  This is the last day to post progress for June, so I'd better hop to it.



I spent a grand total of $6.25 for the month on this quilting book:


It was on sale, and I had a $10 gift certificate.

This little pattern from the book caught my eye...


The blocks are a combo of Log Cabin and Courthouse Steps designs.
I like everything about it.
 I did finish piecing the top to the Semaphore lap quilt
that I started earlier in the year,
but do not have a photo.
I'll show it to you once it's all quilted and bound.

No new starts (other than the workshop last weekend),
and I'm still working away on Mates
my hardanger table topper and 99
for the Turtle Trot SAL.

I spent the better part of June catching up
with the Nordic Needle Canvaswork Club piece.
I hadn't worked on it since February,
when it looked like this...

We get the instructions for this piece
in monthly installments.
I decided to do all four month's worth of instructions
that had been accumulating
in the project bag,
and it now looks like this...
The piece is Laura J. Perin's Nordic Panel.
I believe it's a little over half done now.

That's it from here.
Hope you're having a great weekend!
Thanks for visiting!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

gorgeous stitching

Chris said...

Gorgeous progress and SFS control 😀

Carol said...

Your newest canvaswork WIP is stunning!! And I expect to see some lovely new quilt WIPs popping out on your blog as a result of that new book :)

Enjoy your Sunday!

cucki said...

Beautiful x

Anne said...

Great job on your stitch from stash goal! The canvaswork is beautiful. Love the colours!

bonnie said...

this piece is beautiful!!!