Pages

I love it all: embroidery, canvaswork, quilting, crochet. So much to do, so little time.





Monday, September 30, 2019

More Finishes... and Galleria

My happy, chubby bird is finished!

Jolly Robin came as a kit from Bothy Threads.
I love the speckled aida that came with it;
it was fun to stitch.

My framer finished him in record time.

This Laura J. Perin piece, Nordic Valentine,
was finished recently, too.
I was attempting to attach the
called-for beads with invisible thread,
when I thought to myself
"Life's too short."
It looks fine without the beads.

This is the second piece from
Jeannette Douglas' Flower Tray set.
I'm going to find someone to make it
into a pincushion drum for me.

And, finally, just in time for October...
This is from Little Dove's Year.
I changed the lettering
from backstitch to cross stitch
and omitted the second spider.
I backed it with the fabric shown  in the 
background of the photo.
It reminds me of centipedes,
so it's appropriately creepy.

I almost didn't find this fabric
because it was at the bottom of a
large pile of various non-purple pieces.
I wound up re-organizing all my fabric by color.
I'll be able to find all of the purples now;
I discovered that I don't have a lot of them.

Almost two weeks ago
I went to the annual
Needlework Galleria
held in St. Charles, Missouri.
The event was bigger than ever this year;
the entire fourth floor of the
Embassy Suites was given over to it,
and about a half dozen shops were on 3.




This is just a smattering of photos
from some of the participating shops.
The bottom photo was from a
counted canvaswork shop,
participating for the first time this year.
See the tall skinny red/blue piece
in the top row.
Doesn't it have my name on it?
Of course it did!

My haul.
I went crazy at the fabric place (lower left).
If you look at the lower right part of the photo,
you can see the instruction booklet,
threads and blue canvas
shown in the model photo above.
These people (sellers) were from Canada,
and I had never seen their pieces before!
I saved on shipping!
That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Another thing I really liked about the Galleria
were all the doo-dads at the various shops.
Here's a close-up of those that I bought:

A couple of "square" hoops; 
metal tea balls to cross stitch
for Christmas ornaments;
little rubber cylinders to use when
tightening a hoop or to grab a needle;
and the wooden octopus square
will measure a border of either
1", 2" or 3" if you place it at the
corner of your fabric!
See, not many!

There were many other cute doo-dads
that I didn't buy.
I do have some self-control!

I seem to have finished most of
my WIPs at the same time.
I'm currently working on just
one Halloween small
which should be finished very soon.
I need to start a bunch of new projects now!

Well, that's it from here.
Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

Carol said...

Oh, your little bird is just the sweetest, Pat! Well done on getting him framed so quickly. I hate attaching beads so I'm with you on Nordic Valentine--beautiful even without them :) Your flower stitching will look beautiful as a drum--I've never tried one (big chicken here!). And your Halloween pillow is darling.

Looks like you had one amazing time at Needlework Galleria! Enjoy all that lovely stash :)

Robin in Virginia said...

What fabulous finishes you shared! Love that Jolly Robin! It sounded like you had a fabulous time at Galleria. You came away with lots of goodies. I have been seeing those square hoops. Will you cover the inner hoop?

Jackie's Stitches said...

Such beautiful finishes! I love your chubby bird with his spindly legs!

Ive never been to Galleria and would really love to go one year. Great stash1