Pages

I love it all: embroidery, canvaswork, quilting, crochet. So much to do, so little time.





Monday, February 17, 2020

Diligence

It's been a while, so Happy New Year and Happy Ground Hog's Day as well.

My large sampler project has been finished for a while, so I thought it was about time that I showed it here.


The saying at the bottom of the project
(which I love)
is the rather long name of this piece
by Needle Work Press.
The size is 406 by 95 stitches!

My awesome framer finished it
in record time.
It's hard to tell from the photo,
but the frame is a dark blue,
which matches the DMC 939
that probably looks like black in this photo.
I'm extremely happy with the
way this piece was finished!

Here are some close-ups...

The gold used for the three leaves in the dark blue bars
and also the filling in the bottom "chain"
was recommended for many of the motifs.
As you can see, it wouldn't have shown up,
so I substituted some of the brighter colors instead.



I have some smaller finishes, too...

The Prairie Schooler start that I showed
at the end of last year.

A freebie from Bent Creek.

Last but not least,
another Prairie Schooler design
from the Stars and Stripes leaflet.

Well, I'm all caught up on finishes.
Next time, we'll take a look at
what I've got going for WIPs.

Thanks, as always, for stopping by.

7 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

Beautiful projects! The frame you chose complements your beautiful stitching very nicely!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Welcome back! The sampler looks fantastic, I love the colours you chose. Nice frame too.
I really like the first PS design too. I like clocks!

Carol said...

Your large project looks so fabulous, Pat! Love the simple frame as it shows off your pretty stitches so well :) And your little PS finishes are adorable as is Mr. Groundhog! Always fun to catch up with you on your blog :)

Robin in Virginia said...

Your framed sampler is stunning. I love the frame molding you went with. Your smalls are super.

Rhona said...

Love your sampler and the framing is perfect for it. Such sweet little finishes.

Julie said...

The blue frame with the gold fabric is stunning, a wonderful finish, its fabulous.

Astrids dragon said...

A beautiful finish, the frame you chose is perfect for it.
Your smalls are so sweet, I really like the groundhog!