Pages

I love it all: embroidery, canvaswork, quilting, crochet. So much to do, so little time.





Thursday, November 17, 2011

Odds and Ends

Hey Blog Buddies,

It's been awhile since we last spoke.  I've been working on a piece for a class I'm going to teach next year.  Unfortunately, I can't show it yet, but the good news is it's now finished and I'm itching to go on to other things.

What I can show you is this darling little ornament that I purchased at the Quilters Plus boutique earlier this month.

Isn't it just the cutest thing?
All those tiny prairie points--
I would never attempt anything like this.
But I don't have to because
this ornie is now mine!

I also had another little Hallowe'en finish,
unfortunately not in time for the day itself...

This is a little Mill Hill kit
that I picked up at a white elephant sale.
The photo is much larger than life.
I just need to trim the perforated paper
and put a hanger on it,
and it will be ready for next year...
...as soon as I find my "paper" scissors!

I got a call from my LQS earlier this week
letting me know that
 my Christmas wall hanging
is all quilted and ready to be picked up.
Woo hoo!  That was fast!
I really should pick the piece up
even though I don't have my binding ready.
It should inspire me to get
my binding ready.

Last but not least
I started a new piece yesterday
at my Wednesday needlepoint group.


This is the second of four in
Laura J. Perin's Holiday Ornaments,
American Quilt Collection.
I love them all!

That about wraps it up.
If it's cold where you are
(like here in the Midwest),
stay warm!

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: