Pages

I love it all: embroidery, canvaswork, quilting, crochet. So much to do, so little time.





Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Two Finishes, and a Class

Hey Blog Buddies,

A month or two ago I showed you my NOEL ornie before it was sent off to Karen for finishing.  Well, I got it back yesterday and can't wait to show you how it turned out.

You take a scrap of linen with
some cross stitching on it,
give it to Karen
and she turns it into a work of art!


It was a little too big for an ornament,
so I asked her to finish in as a box.
At our Guild meeting last night,
there were about 20-25 items
for Show and Tell.
At least half of them
(including this beauty)
were finished by Karen.
She is one busy lady!


This is an Erica Michaels design
from the 2008 JCS Christmas Ornament issue.
Needless to say,
I'm thrilled with the end product.


This is a Lizzie Kate freebie
that I stitched up for Averyclaire
who is having a birthday tomorrow!
Happy birthday!


Last but not least,
this is an ornament from Chickadee Hollow Designs
that I finished last year
and taught at Guild last night.
It's basic surface embroidery,
stitched through two thicknesses of fabric:
the muslin with the printed design
and a piece of batting.

It was the first class I've taught.
Nineteen out of the 22 who signed up were there!
It was noisy, and a lot of fun.

Hope your November is starting off great.
Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Wow!!!!!! I am so impressed by your beautiful stitching for your class. It sounds like it was a resounding success! Well done! Your other stitching is lovely, too and you are right, Karen is a great finisher.

Hugs, Kaye xoxox

CalamityJr said...

Three gorgeous finishes! Wish I could have been at your class - love the mitten ornie.

Laura said...

Gorgeous stitching and finishing!!!! My friends and I are looking for a finisher....does Karen do finishing for other people? Do you have any information you can pass on?

Stitching said...

Wow...you have done beautiful work! laurel