Pages

I love it all: embroidery, canvaswork, quilting, crochet. So much to do, so little time.





Wednesday, February 27, 2019

I Have Conquered "The Beast"!


Finishes

Yes, it's true.  I have prevailed over the Beast!  Not only is it finished, but framed as well.

My framer tends to finish these pieces in record time.  (Maybe he feels a sense of urgency because he's 94!)  Anyway, he works with his daughter, and she wasn't there when I went to pick this up.  They have a new credit card reader, and he hadn't yet gotten the tutorial on how to operate it.  So he just sent me on my way with the framed piece and said we could worry about the payment later!  We did go back later that afternoon, with our checkbook this time, even though he said it wasn't necessary that we come back the same day.  I hope he wouldn't do that with a new customer, although I wouldn't be surprised if he did--he's very nice.  And they do know me well.

Here are some close-ups...


I didn't bother to change the date!

Blue Jeans and Daisies
by Blue Ribbon Designs

I mentioned a March small that was being pillowfied in my last post.  Here it is...

It turned out OK!
A Prairie Year - March
by The Prairie Schooler


Progress

My Lizzie-Kate Spring piece hasn't received much love, so I won't show that here, but I'm moving right along on the Easter piece.

Holiday Delights, Easter
by Needle Delights Originals

New Start

I usually like to throw a blackwork piece into the mix, and this year I chose a PDF download from Ajisai Press...

Here is my start on the ladybug...
It's kind of scary looking, and way bigger than life-size.
It's like the ladybug that ate Cleveland!

So that's it from here.
Hope your February is going along well.
Thanks for visiting!

7 comments:

Linda said...

Congrats on the stunning finish. The frame looks great and I love the color of the fabric. Cute pillow. Nice progress and new start.

Linda

Robin in Virginia said...

Congratulations on your gorgeous finish! I love the frame molding you picked for it. I really like your PS March finish. I chuckled over your comment about the Ladybug that ate Cleveland.

Donna G. said...

The March pillow is really cute. I love the finishing work. I have a stack of smalls that need to be pillowfied (new word?).

Carol said...

You and your 94 year old framer did an amazing job on that pretty Blue Ribbon Designs, piece, Pat! And your PS pillow looks perfect--love the small green print you used to accent it along with the ric-rak! I look forward to seeing the Ladybug grow--what an interesting piece!

Wendy Howard said...

It is so beautiful! As are your other WIPs.

Astrids dragon said...

What a beautiful finish and frame, he better not retire any time soon!
I think your pillow turned out great.
I love the Spring piece and watch out Cleveland!

Julie said...

Sweet March pillow.
Love the big finish, what a gentleman your framer is and so trusting too.
Spring stitching ... gorgeous