Pages

I love it all: embroidery, canvaswork, quilting, crochet. So much to do, so little time.





Sunday, February 17, 2019

Only One WIP!

Let's pick up where we left off, and I'll tell you how my WIPs dwindled down to just one.  (Now when I talk about WIPs, I am not including any of my UFOs.  They will be a story for another post.)

My mammoth project, the PS Alphabet, was stitched up and shipped off to the finisher to be made more beautiful.

I previously showed this little canvaswork start, Valentine's Day by Needle Delights Originals:



Since this design is very February, I wanted to finish it quickly, and I did.  These small designs are very fun to do.


I have a six-by-six box that I use to display seasonal designs in the lid, and this one is there now.

I had also shown you this little start...


...another seasonal design that I wanted to display with my other "winter" pillows.


So here it is.  The red and gray felt "pennies" were included with the chart.  The way I attached them looks a little ragged to me; the designer predicted that they would look similar to this, and said that it is part of their charm.  Okaaay.

I started and finished the March design from PS's A Prairie Year leaflet, but it is in the process of being pillowfied right now, so I'll show it next time.

So that left me with only Blue Ribbon Designs' Blue Jeans and Daisies (the "beast") in the WIP pile.  Here is my start on the lower part of the left third of the design (previously posted):



And here is where I was a couple of days ago (yes, I'm a bit farther than this today)...
I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel on this one.  I really like finishing projects more than starting them.  But I need to switch between projects; I usually stitch on at least two, sometimes three, projects during the course of a day.  Does this mean I have stitching ADD?  

So I needed to go to my very local "store" -- my computer/sewing room, open 24/7, 365 days a year -- and see what I could find.  Many, many projects got my attention, but I limited it to just two.


This is Spring, from Lizzie Kate's Spring Smalls leaflet.  There is a theme here, isn't there?  This one was not kitted up, so I had to hunt around for the threads and fabric.  The model was stitched on a beige-y linen, but I pepped it up by using Kermit as the ground.  I think it works for spring as well as Halloween.  (I had previously used this linen for L-K's Hocus Pocus--you can see it somewhere in this rather long post.) I always buy more than I need of any linen that I like--which is most of them!  This strategy works out well when you want to start a project when the store isn't open, or you simply don't want to leave the house!  This project should stitch up pretty quickly.  Yes, this will be another pillow.  2019 is the Year of the Small Pillows around here.

Easter Sunday occurs pretty late this year but spring, hopefully, is just around the corner.  I could keep those canvaswork hearts in my box until summer at least, but why do that when I have the Easter design by--you guessed it--Needle Delights Originals.


The colors are displaying a little strangely on my computer.  They are much more pastel-y in real life.  The tulips at the top, for instance, are medium pink, light yellow and medium purple.  Hopefully that's what you're seeing.  This one was a no-brainer:  all kitted up and ready to go.


Well, that's it from here.
Hope you are enjoying the weekend.
Thanks, as always, for visiting.

9 comments:

Linda said...

Congrats on all of the gorgeous finishes. Love your new projects.

Linda

Donna G. said...

Hmmmmm, I was feeling overwhelmed last weekend when I started looking at all of my WIPs; but when I think about it, I would say that at least 50-60% of the WIPs should really be classified as UFOs. I feel better already. 🤪 My WIPs may be manageable after all.

Donna G. said...

BTW, I also have one of those very local “stores”!

Cathy said...

Loved seeing your beautiful stitching! That Blue Ribbon Designs Blue Jeans piece always calls to me when I see someone else stitching it. Thanks for sharing!

Julie said...

I love to see your canvaswork, its stunning

Wendy Howard said...

Beautiful! Your new projects will be just as beautiful.

Astrids dragon said...

Such beautiful finishes! Your Valentine's Day is really stunning. The new ones look good too!

Carol said...

It must have been hard to part with your PS ABC Sampler, Pat! I can't wait to see it all finished up :) Love your finishes--especially the February hearts! As for shopping in your local store--I was doing the same on this snowy morning. I pulled a long-forgotten chart to start and couldn't be happier :) Not sure why I bother to buy things when I have so many lovely things in my stash just waiting to be stitched!

rosey175 said...

This post is full of beautiful colors! I especially love the Blue Ribbon design.

I enjoy shopping the localest of stores too. There's always something amazing in your collection you've forgotten about~