Pages

I love it all: embroidery, canvaswork, quilting, crochet. So much to do, so little time.





Thursday, July 18, 2019

UFO No. 1

This will be a short post (for me) since I am prone to blathering.

Earlier this year I posted a list of my UFO's with the intention of reducing its size.  Well, progress has been made on that intention!  First, I said good-bye to those projects which I knew I was never going to finish.  That shortened the list by five!

Then I picked three that I thought were doable and made finishing them one of my stitching goals for this year.  Here is the first of those finishes:

The "before" shot of Marsha-Papay Gomola's
Ruby of the Forest.

And we have a finish!

This was originally supposed to feature a spider web
and a spider hanging by a filament
in front of the cardinal's nose.
On the branches there were to be pink flowers.
Since I intend to use this as a Christmas ornament,
I decided to ditch the spider theme and make it more wintry.
The finishing isn't the greatest, but I did the best I could.

From this angle you can see how the cardinal
is somewhat three-dimensional,
with padding under his body.

I am hard at work on UFO No. 2, and hope that it will
be featured soon on this blog.

Thanks, as always, for visiting!

7 comments:

Linda said...

Congrats on the great finish.

Linda

Robin in Virginia said...

Congratulations on your UFO finish! Your cardinal ornament is stunning. I would have ditched the spider and web because that is how I roll!

MartinaM said...

A very pretty motive, I like cardinals.
And your finish fits very well,
Martina

Shebafudge said...

Awww...that is such a pretty design. Gorgeous finish!

Julie said...

Very bright and vibrant, its beautiful

Anne said...

Your ornament is lovely. You did a great job finishing it!

Anne said...

Beautiful ornament, Pat! Your finishing is great!