Pages

I love it all: embroidery, canvaswork, quilting, crochet. So much to do, so little time.





Monday, July 8, 2019

Stitching and Quilting

Hope everyone is having a great July.  It's been really rainy here, so I've been stitching away, although I really don't need an excuse to stitch!  Here's what's been happening.


Debbie Forney's Ho Ho Ho
I'm calling this a mini-finish (I have two more panels to stitch on this project).  It was my challenge project for my ANG chapter, due last month.  I knew that I wouldn't finish the whole project, but wanted to finish this panel so that I would have some momentum going forward.

As readers of this blog may remember, each June members of my chapter have the option of submitting three unfinished projects.  Their fellow members vote on which project that they want to see finished by the following June.  The larger the project and the less stitching that's completed is usually, but not always, the determining factor.  The project is disqualified if it's the size of an ornament, or more than 50 percent finished.   I submitted Ho Ho Ho for consideration again this year because I'm not even close to halfway done with it but, alas, it was not chosen.


Once everyone eyeballed this painted canvas from a design by Charley Harper (Rainforest Birds), poor Ho Ho Ho became Ho Ho NO.  The fact that I haven't taken a stitch on Rainforest Birds yet may have played a minor role as well, but everyone just seemed captivated by this one.  So Ho Ho Ho will be going on a long (hopefully not permanent) hiatus.



I finished this little July pillow from Little Dove Designs.
After I attached the fluffy chenille on the edge of the pillow,
I thought it looked like fur trim,
which is a little strange for July!


I'm making good progress on Jolly Robin.
There are a lot of color changes, but no confetti stitches.
He has been unexpectedly fun to stitch!


My kitchen has had light gray walls for about a decade.
(When I like something, I usually don't tire of it quickly.)
But it was time for something new,
so I chose my favorite color: orange.
The floor tiles have gray in them,
so I decided to quilt myself a little tablecloth
to go with the new color scheme.


I even had the Carrots piece,
on the wall to the left, reframed.
The old frame was red, and it wasn't working.


Then I had some fabric left over,
so I went all matchy-matchy with my bowl cozies.
(My old ones were red.)
I think my sewing machine (and I) need a long rest!

I've also been making progress on a couple of
long-standing UFO's.
I hope to be able to show you
a finish on at least one of them soon.

That's it from here.
Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ciao girando su internet ho scoperto il tuo blog, che trovo molto interessante
Realizzi proprio dei bei lavori, complimenti ;)
Ti seguirò volentieri
Buona giornata
Giusi

Linda said...

Love your bowl cozy. My MIL makes them. Your table topper is really pretty. I love the colors. Cute finish and nice progress on the bird.

Linda

Donna G. said...

Looks like you have plenty to keep you busy!
P.s. cute kitchen decor.

Julie said...

The orange really does look nice and bright and I love he quilted tablecloth and bowl cover.
The birds are a nice project, hope to see lots of progress over the year.

Carol said...

Your first panel of Ho Ho Ho looks spectacular, Pat--can't wait to see the others. And the bird piece will be so fun to watch grow--love that cheeky bird that is looking directly at us :) Cute little July pillow and your newly decorated kitchen looks so fun and cheery. Perfect quilted tablecloth and bowl cozy to go with your carrot stitching.

Enjoy your weekend--hope it's filled with creative time!

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

I love that robin design and you're making great progress on it. The orange and grey colour scheme looks really awesome and that table cloth is cool.