Pages

I love it all: embroidery, canvaswork, quilting, crochet. So much to do, so little time.





Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Shams: WOW!

Good Afternoon Gentle Blog Readers,

Today at our monthly quilt guild meeting, we had a sham challenge.  Members were urged to make a pillow sham (design of their choosing) and bring it in this month for display.  It cost $5 to register for the challenge, everyone at the meeting today got to vote for their favorite, and the top three winners got cash and a ribbon.

Without further ado, here are some of the entries:

The numbers on the shams were the ID numbers, not necessarily how they finished.





Hand embroidery on this one!





This one had felt checker pieces and a pocket on the back of the sham to store the pieces when not in use!








And now for the winners:


Third Prize


Second Prize

First Prize


I think that everyone who entered was a winner.  No, I did not enter this year--maybe next year.

That's it for today.  As always, thanks for visiting with me.

1 comment:

Salaneuloja said...

Nice pictures! They have skills! I could not make anything that awesome. That one bird in that one picture makes me think of Angry Birds. Don't ask. I can't explain more than that it's a crazy game in which pigs steal eggs and the birds try to protect the eggs.