Pages

I love it all: embroidery, canvaswork, quilting, crochet. So much to do, so little time.





Friday, December 16, 2011

An Early Christmas Present

Hey Blog Buddies,
Earlier this week I went to Indiana to see a talented woodworker named Rick.  He makes wooden quilt hangers, and they are quite nice.  I 've used one of his hangers for a couple of years for the wallhangings displayed in the dining room.  Now I have another one for smaller pieces on the wall upstairs in the computer/sewing room.

The piece shown here
was actually offered as a class
about five years ago
by my embroidery guild!
It was what got me started on quilting.
Prior to doing this,
I didn't even have a sewing machine!
I know you're thinking that
this wasn't a beginner's project.
I didn't let that stop me, though.


Here's a glimpse of how the hanger works:
it's two pieces of wood
fastened together by several screws.
Loosen the screws,
slide the quilted piece in,
tighten them back up,
and it's ready to hang.

That's all I've got for ya today.
Have a groovy weekend.
And thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

CalamityJr said...

What a beautiful hanger for an even more beautiful quilt!