Pages

I love it all: embroidery, canvaswork, quilting, crochet. So much to do, so little time.





Friday, December 28, 2012

The 2012 WIPocalypse-Final Report

Hey Blog Buddies,
For those of you celebrating the holidays, I hope you had a wonderful time.  I did.  I even managed to carve out time to stitch!

In an effort to catch up with the actual calendar month, I stitched two months' worth of Crabby All Year this month.  If I do the same thing in January, I'll be caught up.  October you've already seen--here is November:
That cat is awfully fat!
I don't know if he's a relative, too, or just a friend...

I've also made progress on my Circle Dance quilt top this month:

I've been sewing just three blocks per day.
As the tortoise said in the fable:
"slow and steady wins the race."
About a week ago I decided to sew
what blocks I had into rows.
Above are four of the five rows I've sewn together.
If I keep at it, this should get done
in a couple of weeks.

I've also made progress on Hare's Christmas.
I'm hoping to finish it soon, and
will show you a photo when that happens.

We survived the Apocalypse and even the WIPocalypse, too!  This was a fun SAL, and though I didn't complete everything on my list--it was a really ambitious list--it kept me focused throughout the year.  I had 22 projects on my list, 12 were finished, 3 are WIPs in my current rotation, and 7 are (cough, cough) still UFOs.  Of those seven, there are only two that are still calling my name.  I'm working on my 2013 to-stitch list, and it's really hard to get it down to a manageable size.  I'm trying to be more realistic about what I will actually have the time to stitch next year!

All of my 2012 WIPocalypse before-and-after photos are on a separate page.  If you have some time and are so inclined, grab a cuppa and click here to peruse them.

Have a good weekend!
And thanks for visiting!

6 comments:

Giovanna said...

That's another wonderful block on Crabby :-) You did great in 2012, I'm sure 2013 will be just as good.

Nicole said...

Great job on your many finishes!

Lelia said...

thx for sharing --- and your separate page was fun to go thru! What an awesome diary of your projects ; )

Carol said...

Looks like you had a very successful stitching year--love following along on "Crabby!"

Creativity Station said...

Southpaw you are an inspiration! The 2012 WIPocalypse status page was wonderful. It was a very successful stitching year with many accomplishments. Your posting was well thought out and well organized with excellent documentation and I really liked that. Thank you for sharing your journey.

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Great crabby block. The wipocalypse was an awesome way to focus goals.