Pages

I love it all: embroidery, canvaswork, quilting, crochet. So much to do, so little time.





Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Zombies in December!

Hey Blog Buddies,

Several days ago I was looking at my Victoria Sampler Tudor Tassel ornament chart--just the cutest thing--thinking I should start it, but when I started looking at the finishing instructions, it gave me a headache.  I realized what I needed to do at that point was some nice, mindless block stitching, so out came Crabby.  Of course, I'm a couple of months behind (October was up next) but who cares if Halloween was six weeks ago!  It finished up fast, so here is October from Crabby All Year:

I'm pretty sure those green things
are zombie hands coming up out of the ground
beside the headstone.

Again, I just placed the buttons on top of the piece.
I'm going to have a lot of buttons to sew on
once all the stitching is done!

The other thing I wanted to share with you
is a gift I received yesterday from my friend Anne.


Isn't this just the cutest thing!
It's about 3 inches long, and it's already on my tree.
Knitting a mitten is something I wouldn't do,
but I do love my newest ornie.
The colors are just perfect!

Well, that's it for this time.
I think I'm going to do something more seasonal
for IHSW this weekend.
Don't know what IHSW is?
Head on over to Joyce's blog
to find out about this fun monthly SAL and join us.

Until then,
thanks for visiting!

9 comments:

Siobhán said...

Oh my gosh, I love that zombie block! Too funny. The mitten is adorable!

Julie said...

Awww the mitten is adorable.

cucki said...

cute zombie block..so sweet..
lovely mitten xxx

Giovanna said...

The zombie block is such fun! Wonderful mitten from your friend too.

Linda said...

I really enjoy seeing pics of Crabby All Year. I started it two years ago and have not touched it since. It is going in my Turtle Trot SAL next year. Love the little mitten.

Linda

Anne said...

I love your October block from Crabby All Year! You quick stitcher, you! The various buttons add an especially nice touch. Happy "hermiting!"

Chris said...

The zombie block is a hoot!
That mitten is so sweet, such a lovely gift!

Carol said...

Ha ha--love the latest crabby block!! The buttons add so much to this piece, don't they?

And that little mitten--how adorable. I love anything miniature and that is too cute :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love the Zombie hands, they're great. The buttons are cute too.