Pages

I love it all: embroidery, canvaswork, quilting, crochet. So much to do, so little time.





Monday, March 4, 2013

Fraidy Cat

Hey Blog Buddies,
I finished--and ornamentified--my February Halloween ornament:  Fraidy Cat by Jamie Kile of Knotted Tree NeedleArt.

I'm not  totally satisfied with it...
The one strand of black doesn't cover all that well,
even on 40-count linen.
But I do like the orange linen (brighter IRL),
and it will certainly be hung on my tree come October.

I also managed to finish my prework
for the Nordic Needle Retreat
intermediate hardanger project...

...and I'm not even leaving until April 17th!
 
To celebrate this victory over procrastination,
I started a new piece:
Little House Needlework's Home of a Needleworker.
That will be my rotation piece for this week (photo soon).
DH is now beginning to ask questions about
just how many WIPs I have.
Actually, the WIPs are at five now.
The UFOs are another story!
 
Hope you had a groovy weekend.
Thanks for visiting!
 

9 comments:

cucki said...

aww cute kitty..so sweet...
i love your hardanger piece too..
hugs x

Cathy said...

Love the ornament, and your retreat piece looks great!
Cathy

Julie said...

The retreat hardanger is superb. little kitty is adorable too.

Pauline said...

Don't be so hard! I love your black cat!

Linda said...

Congrats on finishing the cute ornament. We can never have enough UFO's or WIP's. Have to have that right piece started when the mood strikes to stitch on something.

Linda

Anne said...

Your hardanger prework is really pretty. Can hardly wait to see it finished!

Karen said...

I think your black cat is adorable!

Funny that your hubby is commenting on your WIPs lol! One can never have too many! ;)

Stress Less said...

Love the ornament. And I love your response to your husband question!!!! I'm going to have to remember that one!

Carol said...

Oh, that is so cute--I've never seen that chart before... I know what you mean about the black on 40 ct. I've had the same problems from time to time. It does seem to depend on the type of linen I'm stitching on...