Pages

I love it all: embroidery, canvaswork, quilting, crochet. So much to do, so little time.





Sunday, June 16, 2019

Even More Exciting News...


...Ladybug and Daisy, my blackwork project, is finished...



...and framed...


Here are a couple of close-ups...



The cross-hatching on the petals drove me bonkers.
It was "random" but charted, so I kept having
to look back and forth from the chart to the piece.
I would have gladly paid someone to do it for me,
if I could have found any takers.
I'm elated that this is done!

Here is another framed finish...
Kathy Barrick's Good Intentions

I seem to go a while without any finishes,
then I have a bunch all at once.

Let's get to the pillow parade...


A monthly from Heart in Hand's Square Dance


Bent Creek's Flag of Stars
The trim is not cording, but a braid.

Lizzie-Kate's Buzz from their Spring Smalls leaftlet.
I stitched this a couple of months ago,
and just got around to finishing it.

Here's what I'm working on now...

This is the July monthly from the
Little Dove's Year chart.

This chubby fellow is from Bothy Threads.
The chart is called Jolly Robin.

Here is my start.
It's going to look like a blob for a while.

This is my ANG challenge piece,
due next Saturday.  😄

I got quite a bit done
since the last time I posted.
My revised goal is to at least get
the panel on the right completed.
As I was stitching it,
I discovered that this piece
is not quite as easy as it looks.
But I probably could have completed it
if I had picked it up before last month.
I had all year to do it.

When you're as old as I am
you should stitch what calls out to you,
which is what I've been doing.
Hence, the DNF on my challenge piece.

Well, that's it from here.
Hope your June is going splendidly.
Thanks for dropping by.

9 comments:

Rita said...

You have so much beautiful projects.

Donna G. said...

Lots of pretties! The ladybug piece is gorgeous. I don’t think I would have been able to survive stitching that one. 😋

Linda said...

Congrats on all of the gorgeous finishes. The Ladybug and Daisy is stunning.

Linda

Robin in Virginia said...

Congratulations on your finished blackwork piece! Both framed pieces look fabulous. Your trio of pillow finishes are super especially the flag one. Your current WIPs are looking good, even "the blob Robin". Enjoy your week!

Cathy said...

Beautiful finishes! Thanks for sharing!

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

So many beautiful finishes! The detail on that Blackwork it's stunning

Julie said...

This post has been a feast for the eyes, lots of pretty things. The ladybird is fabulous, she just pops out of the pretty blackwork. So many pretty pillows to admire, stitched and finished so beautifully.

Astrids dragon said...

Wow, your Ladybug and Daisy looks fantastic, you chose the perfect frame for it!
The rest of your finishes look great too, love both the bees.

Carol said...

I hardly know where to begin, Pat--everything is so beautiful. But, the ladybug truly stands out. I honestly don't know how you stitch things like that--just looking at yours makes my eyes cross! It sure is stunning! And the sweet robin looks like another difficult piece--can't wait to watch him grow!

Well done on your finishes, too--I am SO far behind this year. My thumb/wrist has been acting up (is much better now), but it really set me back in both the finishing and stitching department!

Enjoy your weekend! Hope it includes some sunshine :)