Pages

I love it all: embroidery, canvaswork, quilting, crochet. So much to do, so little time.





Friday, July 22, 2011

The April Bookmark

Yes, I know, I'm a little behind.  It's July 22nd, and I've just now finished the bookmark-of-the-month for April.

The reason the "petals" appear to have "teeth" is that the directions called for twisted bars, something that I had never tried.  I found it to be a little time consuming until I got my rhythm going.


After cutting the four long threads and
withdrawing them from inside the petal,
you bring your thread up in the middle
of one end.
Go down between threads 2 and 3
and come up between threads 1 and 2.

Then bring your thread down before thread 1,
and come up again between threads 2 and 3.


Then, pull your thread tight,
and you have your first twist.

Hard to see, and
not nearly as complicated
as it sounds here.


A close-up of some of the
finished petals.


Don't tell anyone that I
accidentally cut one of the threads
from one of the klosters
in the lower right corner.
I had to rip out
after everything was cut!


But, not to worry.
It was a relatively easy fix...
..not as bad as cutting
the wrong thread from the ground.
(Which I have also done, but not here.)

So, what project will I tackle next?  It's a nice dilemma.  If you are suffering from the heat this weekend, try to stay cool and get some stitching in.

Thanks for visiting.


2 comments:

geeky Heather said...

Gorgeous! I love doing twisted bars once that rhythm comes...so fun!

Salaneuloja said...

That looks gorgeous!