Pages

I love it all: embroidery, canvaswork, quilting, crochet. So much to do, so little time.





Wednesday, March 28, 2012

A Gift, and Liebster!

Hey Blog Buddies,

It's a gorgeous day here in "Chicagoland," the sky is blue, the temp is near 70 degrees F, and I got a birthday gift yesterday from my GF Averyclaire.  I like celebrating all month long!

Isn't this the most adorable pincushion ever!!
It's about 3" by 3" and I'm sure it must have been paper pieced.
I forgot to ask!!

And that's not all...


I also got a very debonair little mouse,
who looks like he was just made to sit on that cushion.
Thank you so much, Averyclaire!

How lucky can a Southpaw get?
Even luckier because I was given
the Liebster Blog award by Otter and Mary
Go check out their blogs, because they're great!

Thank you both very very much!!! 


 
Liebster is a German word, meaning favorite, dearest or beloved, and the Liebster is awarded by bloggers to other, newer bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers, to spread the word and help the new(er)bies gain wider recognition. The award comes with four conditions that each recipient must satisfy when accepting:

1. Choose five up-and-coming blogs (with fewer than 200 followers) to award the Liebster to.

2. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.

3. Post the award on your blog. List the bloggers you are giving the award to with links to their sites. Leave comments on their blogs so they know about the award.

4. Share five random facts about yourself that people don't know about you. 
 
********

Picking only five blogs to give the award to was challenging,
but the field was narrowed by the "less than 200 followers" rule.

Here are my five:

Shelley at Elsie's Girl
Rahenna at Crafty Rahenna

They are all great blogs, and well worth your time.

And here are the five random facts
that you never wanted to know about me:

I dislike cauliflower.
I am an only child.
I'm studying Spanish.
I have an amateur radio license.
I'm addicted to the TV show "Revenge."

I'm continuing my trip around the Rainforest this week.
Photos soon.
Hope you're enjoying your day.
Thanks so much for visiting!

3 comments:

Carla said...

As you're studing Spanish...

Felicitaciones por el premio!
El cojin y raton que te regalaron estan muy lindos!

Lelia said...

thx for the award. I passed the award on to five bloggers.

Enjoy the week-end.

Anonymous said...

You are very welcome, Southpaw. The pin cushion is not paperpieced. I used a muslin foundaiton...drew a diagonal "X" and lined up my pieces row by row with the "X"....enjoy.