Pages

I love it all: embroidery, canvaswork, quilting, crochet. So much to do, so little time.





Monday, March 24, 2014

March Stitch from Stash

Hey Blog Buddies,

Mel over at Epic Stitching is hosting the Stitch from Stash SAL this year.  We all have $25/month to spend for new stash.  Obviously, the goal is to stitch from stash as much as possible.  So, time for the monthly SFS report.  My purchases for the month so far are three packages of beads for a blackwork freebie that I plan on starting later on in the year.  


You can find the instructions for the piece over at Blackwork Journey.  It's gorgeous and looks like a lot of fun, but it's yet another really large piece--it's called Save the Stitches and the directions are coming out in installments.  

I also got some fabric from JoAnn's.

This will be the backing for a lap quilt that I started a couple of weeks ago.  The pattern is called Semaphore and it's from the Fall 2013 issue of Easy Quilts.  Here's a photo of the model:



All my blocks are sewn. I chose an autumn colorway:


So, beads:  $4.50; fabric, $15.70.  Deduct that from the $25.00 spending money for March, and there's $4.80 left over.  Add that to my $35.08 carry-over, and I have $39.88 going into April.  (Too much math!)

I had a birthday this month, so I got some stash as a gift.

These are GHI and JKL of the Prairie Schooler Alphabet series.  There's also a little seasonal chart from Heart in Hand called A Spring Day with a cute bunny and flowers.  I still need five charts from the PS Alphabet series.  I plan on stitching them as one large piece.  Not this year, though.   (smile)

Finally, I participated in a workshop this month hosted by my Guild.  The piece was Carrots by Jennifer Riefenberg, and the pattern was so cute I couldn't resist...


See what I mean by cute?


Here is where I'm at.

Other than that, I've been stitching along on my rotation
which seems to be filled with BAPs at the moment.
This week I'm stitching on a round robin piece
which unfortunately I won't be able to show.

So that's it from here.
Hope everyone is having a lovely spring or fall,
depending on where you live.
It's technically spring here,
but we're expecting more snow (and cold) tonight!

Thanks for visiting!

21 comments:

Mouse said...

Happpyyy belated Birthday .... you kept that one quiet or did I miss the announcement ...lol
love that quilt , nice stash enhancement and my brain hurts now with the workings out heheheh .... and those carrots certainly are cute :) love mouse xxxxx

cucki said...

Happy belated birthday dear..
Very sweet quilt..beautiful stitches..
Love and hugs x

Chris said...

Great job on SFS!
The quilt is looking great. You got some lovely charts for your birthday.That class piece looks cute! Great progress on it.

Meari said...

Good job with SFS. I'll be posting mine tomorrow.

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE those carrots! They are SO cute. And those alphabet pieces are going to make a beautifully LARGE piece. You always do such fun wonderful things! Nice work.

Anonymous said...

Oh...forgot to mention your quilt. That will look fabulous on your wall this autumn! I like the colors and the pattern very much.

Wendy said...

gorgeous quilt, love the colours. I also really love those carrots, what a fab design. I want to try some needlepoint soon. I too am doing Save the Stitches, I've started the first chart and it's TINY! I know the overall piece will be big, but the individual sections are really small. I'm stitching over 1 as it doesn't say anywhere whether I should do that or over 2, so mine might end up half size!

Pull the other thread said...

Beautiful work on your stitching, you're right those carrots are cute! Congrats on sticking to your budget.

Von said...

Love that carrot design, and you have a great start on it!

Lelia said...

Which PS letters do you need? I may have a pattern for you.

Hope to see you at the Expo Center on Saturday - StringALong has their quilt show this week-end.

Enjoy your stash!!!

Kristin said...

I love the carrots. I would love to do something like this someday. And orange is so friendly it just shouts "Touch Me".

Melissa said...

Belated Happy Birthday greetings!

I like the quilt you've started and the carrots ARE so cute!

Prairie Queen said...

I feel like I accomplished something. I figured out where to leave a comment.

Thanks for your help, Pat. Now I can leave comments for others and get some readers.

Need to post more pictures soon.

SoCal Debbie said...

Good for you for staying in budget! The fabric you chose will look wonderful with your quilt squares. I looked at the blackwork charts. Your piece will be amazing with all those beads you bought. The carrots are beautiful!

SoCal Debbie said...

I also have the PS Alphabet charts but don't plan to stitch them until next year. Keep me in mind for a SAL!

Rita said...

So nice stiching ind quilting!

Thanks for sharing.

Carol said...

Hope your birthday was a fun one! You sure got some lovely stash--I just love those PS Alphabet charts so much and your carrot piece is adorable :)

Anne said...

Good work on your Stitch from Stash - I'm impressed! Beautiful needlework, as always. I love those carrots in particular!

Anonymous said...

That is just lovely. Those carrots would surely brighten up any kitchen!

MJ, A to Z Challenge Co-Host
Writing Tips
Effectively Human
Lots of Crochet Stitches


~ Toni ~ said...

What a great stash month and way to go on staying under and having a little carryover. Your birthday stash is great as well. Carrots looks like a great project. I look forward to seeing your progress on these. Happy Stitching & Quilting!

Joan in Reno said...

Do you know where I can buy the Jennifer Reifenberg Carrots pattern?