Pages

I love it all: embroidery, canvaswork, quilting, crochet. So much to do, so little time.





Sunday, March 30, 2014

NBOTB

Hey Blog Buddies,

It's quite the lovely spring day here (finally!).  In addition to my round robin project, I've been working a little on my quilt.  After I got my blocks completed, I laid them out on the bed according to the pattern (don't have a design wall) and then carefully sewed them together in strips.  Well, when I went to sew strip #1 to strip #2, I sewed them together in the reverse order, so I had to "unsew" that long seam...



As you can see, I've gotten the strips almost separated--only 1.2 more blocks!  It's amazing how much longer it takes to unsew than it does to sew strips together!  I'm definitely out of my comfort zone any time I use my sewing machine, so after I get the strips separated, I think I'll take a short break from this piecing project and do some stitchin' instead.

Speaking of quilting, the cryptic title of my post refers to a New Blog on the Block that I want to introduce:  Prairie Quilts and Other Things.  Shirley and I go way back--all the way to high school--and she is a much better quilter than I am!  If you have a minute, please click on over to her blog, take a look around and say "hi."

That's it from here.  Hope you all had a great weekend.  And thanks, as always, for visiting!

7 comments:

Jayne said...

I hate it when you have to unpick you feel as though you have wasted valuable time.

Catherine said...

Catching up on your latest posts ~ great goodies and projects ~ and those pamphlets from the 70's are awesome!!

cucki said...

Happy days hugs for you x

Anonymous said...

So sad about all that "un-sewing"...but it will be gorgeous when finished! Nice work.

Carol said...

That is going to be a fabulous finish--so sorry about the unsewing... hope the rest of the project goes smoothly :)

stitchersanon said...

I feel your pain..everytime I go on the sewing machine I feel I am taking my life so far out of its comfort zone the only other place which could compare is bungee jumping rofl. I think your quilt is going to look lovely though..I love the colours!

Julie said...

Oh no .... me and the sewing machine are not best friends!