Pages

I love it all: embroidery, canvaswork, quilting, crochet. So much to do, so little time.





Sunday, July 3, 2011

Soar Sampler: Back from the Framer's at Last

Good evening dear Blog Friends,

It's been quite a wait:  from May 14th until yesterday, but I finally have my Soar Sampler back from the framer's, and just in time for Independence Day, too.

The piece started out at a frame shop which was doing
a fundraiser for our Guild,
but by reason of a series of events
which included a lack of communication,
I asked for the piece back after four weeks.


I then took it to my regular frame shop.
There was a slight delay there, too, but no lack of communication.
I was beginning to think the piece was cursed.


What you can't see too well in the photos is that the frame has
 little red flecks the color of the fence.


I guess the eagle family wanted to check out the property
before they took their permanent place on the wall.
(DH was following me around, asking, "What are you doing?
Have you lost your mind??)


Brenda of With Thy Needle and Thread is going to showcase
all the finished and framed samplers on her blog on July 4th.
Click here to go there.

If you are celebrating the 4th of July, have a happy and safe holiday.  And here's hoping the finishes to your projects are uneventful.  Thanks for visiting!



4 comments:

Laura said...

Your Soar piece is just stunning!!!!! Seeing it stitched up is so much fun. I love it!

Lelia said...

WOW! It looks wonderful!

Sharon said...

Your Soar Sampler is gorgeous! Congrats!

Patti-Rocky Mtn Stitcher said...

Do you still have your chart? I gave mine and stitched it but now a friend wants it and I can't find the color key. Can you help? Thx!